49 Third St. SE, PO Box 1278, Huron, SD 57350 • Ph: 605-352-6401 • Fax: 605-353-7457
Current E-Edition

Area News Obituaries Sports Community Photos Home 

Dryer blamed for CFI fire

Posted: Saturday, Feb 16th, 2013

HURON — A residential facility operated by the Huron Area Center for Independence was temporarily evacuated Wednesday evening when a dryer malfunctioned and began to smoke.

Firefighters and police were called to what’s known as the Lincoln House at 1600 Lincoln Avenue Southwest shortly after 6 p.m.

Center for Independence staff moved the clients to an adjacent facility for their safety.

Police officers blocked off traffic and diverted vehicles off Lincoln Avenue so firefighters had room on the street to stage their equipment.

A minimal amount of smoke was removed from the building.

For the complete article see the 02-15-2013 issue.

Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 02-15-2013 paper.

Share on Facebook

Select Page:



Shoppe Hide


Copyright 2017 News Media Corporation

News    Classifieds    Shoppe    Search    ContactUs    TalkBack    Subscribe    Information    E-Edition    Business Portal