49 Third St. SE, PO Box 1278, Huron, SD 57350 • Ph: 605-352-6401 • Fax: 605-353-7457
E-EDITION LAST UPDATED:
Current E-Edition

Top Stories Records Sports Community Home 

Early morning house fire: Fire investigated as possible arson

Posted: Saturday, Jul 26th, 2014


An early morning fire caused smoke and water damage at this vacant home owned by Ivan Loesch at 430 Ohio Ave. S.W. The state Division of Criminal Investigation has been called in to investigate a possible case of arson. PHOTO BY MIKE CARROLL/PLAINSMAN


HURON The cause of an early morning house fire is suspicious and the state fire marshal and state Division of Criminal Investigation have been called in to investigate a possible case of arson.

Firefighters were called to 430 Ohio Ave. S.W. shortly before 6 a.m. Thursday.

The fires origin was on the main floor and there was also flame damage upstairs and into the roof of the two-story house.

The house, owned by Ivan Loesch, was vacant and had been condemned.

There is also smoke and water damage. Firefighters report 80 percent flame damage.

Meanwhile, a Wednesday afternoon fire call to an apartment building at 357 22nd St. S.W. involved a smoke-filled unit due to food left on the stove. The call came in at about 3 p.m.

For the complete article see the 07-25-2014 issue.

Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 07-25-2014 paper.











Select Page:
Within:
Keyword:

Google

Entertainment





 

Copyright 2014 News Media Corporation

News    Classifieds    Shoppe    Search    ContactUs    TalkBack    Subscribe    Information    E-Edition    Business Portal