In observance of Nursing Home Week, May 12 to 18, SunQuest Healthcare Center will sponsor a series of events designed to enrich the relationships and contacts between residents, youth, community members, and families and staff. The theme of the week is “Team Care — Everyone Pitches In!”
“Our residents and staff have so much to offer,” said Laurie Solem, Administrator of SunQuest Healthcare Center “and this is a perfect time to showcase.”
Some of the week’s special events include:
• Mother’s Day Brunch, Saturday, May 11, at 10 a.m., with Ray Larson entertaining.
• Resident Appreciation Day, Monday, May, 13, at 10 a.m., with entertainment by Linda Pietz’s fifth-grade class.
• Volunteer Tea, Tuesday, May, 14, at 2 p.m., with Loretta McDonald as guest speaker and Eric Bliss providing piano music.
• Come-and-go supper for resident families, Tuesday, May 14, from 5 to 6 p.m.
• Staff Appreciation Day, Wednesday, May 15, at 1:45 p.m., with games and super natchos.
• Cookies to the Community Day, Thursday, May 16. Staff will deliver cookies.
• Former resident luncheon, May 16 at 1 p.m., with Ray Ernster playing the piano.
National Nursing Home Week is an annual observance sponsored nationally by the American Health Care Association, based in Washington, D.C., and South Dakota Health Care Association. SunQuest Healthcare Center is a 140-bed skilled nursing facility which employs 175 caring staff members and is located in Huron. For more information on SunQuest Healthcare Center, visit www.sunquesthealthcare.com. For more information on National Nursing Home Week, visit www.nnhw.org. For the complete article see the 05-09-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 05-09-2013 paper.