49 Third St. SE, PO Box 1278, Huron, SD 57350 • Ph: 605-352-6401 • Fax: 605-353-7457
E-EDITION LAST UPDATED:
Current E-Edition

Top Stories Records Sports Community Home 

Dryer blamed for CFI fire

Posted: Saturday, Feb 16th, 2013




HURON — A residential facility operated by the Huron Area Center for Independence was temporarily evacuated Wednesday evening when a dryer malfunctioned and began to smoke.

Firefighters and police were called to what’s known as the Lincoln House at 1600 Lincoln Avenue Southwest shortly after 6 p.m.

Center for Independence staff moved the clients to an adjacent facility for their safety.

Police officers blocked off traffic and diverted vehicles off Lincoln Avenue so firefighters had room on the street to stage their equipment.

A minimal amount of smoke was removed from the building.



For the complete article see the 02-15-2013 issue.

Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 02-15-2013 paper.











Select Page:
Within:
Keyword:

Google

Entertainment







 

Copyright 2014 News Media Corporation

News    Classifieds    Shoppe    Search    ContactUs    TalkBack    Subscribe    Information    E-Edition    Business Portal