HRMC Foundation Awards $4,500 in Health Care Interest Scholarships
Huron Regional Medical Center (HRMC) Foundation announces the recipients of 13 Health Care Interest scholarships totaling $4,500, according to Shawn Martin, executive director.
“Our purpose in providing these Interest scholarships is to encourage area students who may have an interest in health care to start their studies, even if they aren’t sure of their future plans,” said Martin. “These scholarships can help a student try out a health care major without the pressure of a commitment to return to the community to work.”
HRMC Foundation Health Care Interest Scholarship Recipients:
• Harley Nelson – who is pursuing a physical therapy assistant degree from Lake Area Technical College.
• Brooke Doering – who is enrolled in the radiologic technologist program at Mitchell Technical College.
• Morgan Harrison – who is studying to become a licensed practical nurse (LPN) at Mitchell Technical College.
• Hayley Geyer – who is pursuing a biology degree from South Dakota State University
• Max Kranzler – who is pursuing a biology degree from South Dakota State University.
• Morgan Curd – who is pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from South Dakota State University.
• Jazzlyn McGirr – who is pursuing an exercise science degree from South Dakota State University.
• Jett McGirr – who is pursuing an exercise science degree from South Dakota State University.
• Piper Jones – who is pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from South Dakota State University.
• Ashley Curnow – who is pursuing a degree in dietetics from the University of Northern Colorado.
• Elle Hoops – who is studying biology/pre-med at the University of South Dakota.
• Noah Johnson – who is studying biology/pre-med at the South Dakota State University.
• Rheya Wilk – who is studying biology/pre-med at the University of South Dakota
“The HRMC Foundation’s Healthy Huron Scholarship Program provides financial support to help ensure that the Huron area continues to have quality, dedicated health care staff,” explained Martin. “We sincerely appreciate our dedicated donors who make this scholarship program possible.”
In addition to these Health Care Interest scholarships, the board also awarded eight Commitment scholarships, which were announced in May, to students from the region who have committed to work in the community after graduation. The third category of scholarships awarded are Helping Hands Scholarships which were awarded to 19 HRMC employees or their family members. These recipients will be announced in the future.
HRMC Foundation is committed to a Healthy Huron and to ensuring high-quality health care is always available close to home for you, your family and your friends. More information about the Foundation is available online at www.hrmcfoundation.org.