Letter - Gibson 3-22-23
To the Editor:
Dale and I are writing this letter of support for Ashley Kingdon for the position of Huron City Commissioner. We have known Ashley in excess of 20 years and find her to be honest, ambitious and innovative. In fact, we consider Ashley to be a true South Dakota visionary.
As a dedicated Huron community member Ashley has been involved in owning and operating a restaurant, was a child day care provider, the owner of Independent Healthcare Solutions - a business that helps elderly persons to stay in their homes, and is a partner in Angelhaus, a behavior health assisted living facility.
She is also involved with PRN Professionals - a business that offers mentorship for persons desiring to be a part of the healthcare industry. In addition she has been involved in the community as a provider of the public vaccination PODS program, Huron Young Professionals, the Jan Manolis FVSH Foundation and Relay for Life.
Honors and awards Ashley has received are as follows:
• SD Nursing Association’s “Pioneer in Nursing” award
• SD Nursing Association’s Government Relations Committee Chair representing our state nationally
• SHE Award’s “Tomorrow’s Leader”
• 2017 Spirit of Dakota nominee
• 2015’s “40 under 40” for business innovators by Prairie Business Magazine
• Recipient of the Governor’s Giant Vision Award grant.
Because Ashley Kingdon is truly gifted and a dedicated visionary, please join us in voting for her as a Huron City Commissioner on April 11.
Dr. Dale and Peggy A. Gibson