Huron boys finish tied against Arrows

Plainsman Staff
Posted 9/23/23

Huron boys soccer notches tie with Watertown

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in

Huron boys finish tied against Arrows


WATERTOWN — After a quick start, the Huron boys’ soccer team ended in a 3-3 draw against Watertown on Friday.

The Tigers had a pair of goals in the opening half. Ah Lar Sar scored in the fifth minute on a free kick and Aung Myit found the net just three minutes later on a pass from Lay Mwe Thaw.

The 2-0 lead for Huron held up until the half.

“We came out with much more intensity this evening,” Huron coach Leah Branaugh said. “Our ball movement was much better and it allowed us to create scoring opportunities.”

Watertown put its first goal on the board earning in the second half to slice its deficit in half.

Biat Say answered with a goal for the Tigers in the 58th minute to give them a 3-1 advantage. Myit assisted on the scoring play.

The lead wouldn’t hold up as the Arrows scored a pair of late goals to earn the draw.

“We mad a few mistakes towards the end of the game that caused us to be scored on and the game to end in a tie,” Branaugh said. “Hopefully we will be able to come out like we did tonight, next week against Pierre and Harrisburg.”

Eh Ja Beh Win tallied eight saves in the net for Huron.

Watertown won the junior varsity game 3-1.

Matthew Thin had the goal for the Tigers, with Da Klow Htoo earning and assist.

Yo Yo and Klo Eh Hser finished with three and seven saves, respectively, for Huron.

The Tigers, who are now 3-6-2, will travel to face Pierre at 6 p.m. Tuesday.


WATERTOWN — Watertown earned its third win of the season with a 7-0 victory against Huron on Friday.

Hkee Hser recorded 32 saves in the net for the Tigers.

The Arrows also inked an 11-0 win in the junior varsity game.

Win Ni had eight saves in the net during the first half for Huron, while Naw Soe had six saves in the second half.

Huron will travel to face Pierre at 4 p.m. Tuesday.